Friday, May 27, 2011

An army cake

Today my boy turned 8...although he quite often acts older than his brother, it was an exciting day in our house! He is the first to have a birthday in the family, so the countdown pretty much began soon after Christmas.
He has a very keen interest in the army, and this year wanted "an army cake". While I know I should be very involved and take a huge interest in this particular cake, he wasn't having a party, so the idea of me spending hours making some magnificent army creation seemed like a bit of over kill; and therefore very little preparation was put in, and it was all left until Monday night when I had a browse on flickr (my favourite source of inspiration), and where I found a cake. I don't think I have ever 'copied' a cake before, but this time I did...so whoever made the cake originally - thank you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment