Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wedding Cake


I decided last month to enter a wedding cake and set of birthday cupcakes into our local show's cake decorating competition...and here is my wedding cake entry. It will also double as a display cake for a wedding expo in a couple of months. The colours were inspired by my logo, and the fact that 'tiffany blue' is my favourite colour at the moment. While I wasn't intending the cake to be quite this "pretty", (I actually wanted it to be really simple, sleek and modern) the requirements for the entry included piping work, so this is what I came up with. I haven't ever done piping work on a cake before, so that was a learning curve, but I am fairly happy with the result - and while I don't think I will be winning any prizes it was great fun and a great excuse to make another cake :)

1 comment: