Sunday, July 10, 2011

Angry Birds Cake


My little boy turned 5 yesterday, and his "big" present was an ipod touch. Both of his brothers already have one, and his favourite game is Angry Birds. I have seen several angry bird cakes online, and was thrilled when he decided to have one for his birthday. He didn't actually have a party this year, so the cake was just for our family, grandparents and some cousins. I decided to go with a 7" round chocolate fudge mud cake, with chocolate ganache. I added green fondant just to the top of the cake then assembled the angry bird tower. I have been so busy lately, I needed something easy that could be made in advance. It worked perfectly as all of the figurines have been made in dribs and drabs over the past few weeks. so the actual decorating of the cake only took me ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment