Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cake Pop

I have been dying to make cake pops for months now, but just haven't had the time. This weekend I had some leftover mud cake and ganache from the car cake, so I crumbled the cake, added the melted ganache then rolled them into balls. After putting them in the freezer for a few minutes to set, I tried dipping them in some melted Wilton candy melts...unfortunately the melts weren't anywhere near runny enough to 'dip' so I ended up giving up trying to dip them completely, and just settled for doing the top half of each pop. They aren't anywhere near as perfect and round as the ones I have seen in Bakerella and many other blogs, but the are YUMMY!!!!!!
I must admit, I always thought they were a bit silly, and required way too much effort, but now... I am hooked, and will definitely be making them again.

Oooh, I forgot to mention that the photo was taken in my new photo light tent!!!! I can't wait to put a cake in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment