Saturday, July 30, 2011

A work in progress


I have had so many friends ask me how I make my cakes, so here is a sneak peek at what I have been working on the last couple of days. This cake is for my eldest son's 11th birthday. I could not seem to come up with any ideas or designs for this cake, I think sometimes you can just over think these things. I wanted to try something I hadn't done before, and was tossing up between a double barrel and topsy turvy...obviously the double barrel won.
It is two 7 inch chocolate mud cakes filled with chocolate ganache before being covered in white fondant. I then used a ribbon cutter (bottom left) to cut red and blue fondant stripes. These are attached using a tiny bit of water to get them to stick.
I am still contemplating what decorations to add, but I think I will keep it fairly simple....stay tuned I will post a picture on Monday of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment