Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cakes, Cupcakes and Cookies Market Stall

Last weekend was a very big first for me...my first ever stall at the local markets. A lovely lady has started a market called Mammas Fair, which is a market solely aimed at products for Mum's and their Bubs. Having never even attended one, I was very nervous, and unsure what to expect.
In preparation, I baked a toblerone mud cake for display, and decorated two fake cakes. I had seen some beautiful little car cookies here http://www.flickr.com/photos/42134065@N04/6019914446/in/faves-56138306@N07/ and decided to bake some similar to this, and sell them by the bag, and for the girls I baked daisies. I'm a bit cranky I didn't get a chance to photograph them...I think they looked great. For those wanting to have a go yourselves, here is the recipe I used from fellow blogger Glorious Treats http://glorioustreats.blogspot.com/2010/03/making-sugar-cookies-recipe-and-tips.html
Then came the cupcakes....Choc Choc, Choc Vanilla, Vanilla Choc, Vanilla Vanilla and Red Velvet - over 200 in total and they all sold well before the finishing time.
Overall I had an amazing morning, it all went like a bit of a blur but it was so much fun and I am filled with ideas for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment