Sunday, February 26, 2012
I had free reign over the entire cake, which was lots of fun....I was originially planning on airbrushing the tiers to create a gradual gradient from a lighter to darker pink, but decided to go with a two tone instead....or three tone, as the icing on the board was a darker pink again.
The paisly style shapes were created by using my frangipani flower petal cutters, along with a few tear drop shapes in there too. Finally the design was finished off with some black royal icing dots and cachous to give it the must have "bling" factor.
I tested out a couple of new flavours too (well not new, but new for me), with the top tier I went for a cookies and cream mud cake, and the bottom a chocolate cherry ripe mud cake.
Thank you for reading!