Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ruffle Cake

I am in LOVE with all of the ruffle cakes that are around at the moment....they are so pretty, so I have done a little collage of my favourite ruffle cakes....ENJOY!








Well I have done a slightly different version of the usual buttercream ruffle, this look is usually achieved with layers and layers of fondant frills, but this little beauty was very quick and easy to achieve. I did vary the colour, from white through to a pretty pink colour, which was quite simply achieved by doing a couple of frills, emptying the piping bag, adding a drop of colour, piping a few more frills, and so on and so on. I would like to do this again on a taller cake so you could get a beautiful gradient going.

2 comments:

  1. What tip did you use for the frills on the bottom cake? I'm just wondering as I wanted to make something like this with bc instead of fondant and yours is so pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessie, I am so sorry it has taken me so long to reply, I missed seeing your questions. I used a wilton leaf tip 103.
    Thanks
    Coco Jo

    ReplyDelete